Are You Tired of Hearing, “It Will Be Okay”?

1. This is an entry I wrote a couple of weeks back about the emotional turmoil I went through during my divorce. People kept saying things like “it’ll be ok” or “there’s light at the end of the tunnel” etc It used to frustrate me so much.

2. tywood12 says:

Reblogged this on My New Life and commented:
    This is great

3. Beverly says:

Way to rebrand OK. So smart. Thank you.

4. divorceshoes says:

I have to admit…I cringe when people say it to me. How do they know if I will be okay or not?!

• They believe you will be okay. They see your strength. Your resilience. They trust in your ability to adapt and transform. Maybe they’re been where you are and now are okay and they know that you too can follow a similar path.

I relate it to my experience as an 8th grade teacher. I often see my students’ potential at a developmental time when they cannot yet see it in themselves. My job is to help them see it and believe it.

When people tell you that you’re going to be okay, they’re looking at the big picture. It’s hard to see that when you’re still facing an impossible brick wall. Try to find comfort in the fact that they believe in you while you find yourself again.

You got this!

5. Lori says:

I was just thinking about this recently. I have a friend who has had a bad breakup and it clearly in a lot of pain. I know a lot of people told her “it will be okay.” But, I was telling her from experience. At the time everyone told me that it would be okay. I wanted to believe it, but my life just seemed so hopeless. Well, 4 and a half years later, I am okay. In fact, I’m better than okay. It just happens on a different timeline than what we want sometimes.

6. It will be the pits, but you can get through it, learn from it, and life will be good again.

7. Ren says:

I’m looking forward to ok. Bring on OK!!!

8. Anonymous says:

Just sold my marital family home because of divorce. Start my new life now.

1. May 17, 2016

[…] ~ Thanks to Lisa Arends for her provocative post on her blog. […]

2. March 17, 2019

[…] tired of people reassuring you that it will be okay because “okay” seems impossible? This post is for […]