How Do You Know When You’ve Moved On After Divorce?

1. Amelia Meyer says:

Reading about your thoughts, actions and reactions is like reading the journal I never kept. Today, it has been two years since “that day”, and reading this has given me so much peace. There is no more emotion, not even hatred. It is wonderfully liberating.

2. Amelia Meyer says:

Reblogged this on Suddenly a Mom and commented:
    I just love this piece – so true and such a comforting, comfortable place to be

3. zombiedrew2 says:

Great post Lisa. All things pass in time, and I think you are right – when you are still holding on the memories still hurt you, but when you have truly let go then all they are is memories.

4. Lisa V says:

Reblogged this on The Moments Between and commented:
    Very well written! And encouraging for me to reflect on how far I have come.

5. A wise post. It is interesting that I had moved into a very ‘factual’ phase quite some times ago, and have now moved into a more ‘feeling’ phase again … although feelings surrounding the marriage, rather than the divorce itself. I see it that it took me that time to be at a distance (the ‘factual’ phase) before I could look back at the marriage from a different perspective.

6. reocochran says:

This is a grest, informative and meaningful post. I used to wonder if things could have gone differently where would we be now? I also enjoy being friend, Co parents and grandparents of our family members. I have hope someone, one day a last special someone will enter my life. 🙂

7. Patrick says:

Great post!!! I was able to relate to many of you comments. I’m thankful for you sharing your experiences. It has helped as I continue to work through this process of rebuilding and trusting again.

8. jodi says:

I love reading your articles/blogs, they are always full of good insights and perspectives. Love hearing words of wisdom from someone who has lived through it.
    I, however, still struggle on a daily basis to get a grasp on my emotions and it has been 5 years. I have been in therapy, taken anti-depressants, gone wild, closed in on myself and every other distraction you can think of, and yet I still fight these demons every day.
    I’m at a loss, but I have the smallest spark of hope deep inside that some day I will be happy again

9. mit says:

Great post. Thank you for that.I am getting divorce or better saying he divorces me after 20 years…for the sake of his mom and hid dad’s inheritance which his mom taken from him.A man who I took care of him for 20 years after he got cancer …he is cured…left me with depression and weak health…no kids as he never wanted one…and his mother never wanted us to be happy…long story short…this unfairness burns me from head to toe and your posts lightening me up…does it go away? It seems I am trying to find the truth about nothing…seems that I’m looking for a piece of puzzle that never has existed…It was just an illusion of having a friend who won’t take me down when I needed. …anyhow….thank you for all the hope you’re sharing…

• Sorry for your situation:( My thoughts- The unfairness will persist in some way, coming and going. But, once you build a new life you love, it won’t matter so much. The trick is to focus forward and on what you do have. Hugs.