Welcoming the End of an Era

Closed Book

It is done.

Finished.

After spending the last two months stuck to my office chair like peanut butter on the roof of Tiger’s mouth (trust me, it’s quite an image), the book has been completed.

As I type, it is currently showing as “publishing” on Amazon. That word is teasing me. Sticking out its tongue. Amazon states that it takes up to 12 hours for a book to publish. What infernal wording! Imagine submitting a blog post and having to wait half a day (or up to, so you never really know when it will go live). Except this isn’t just a blog post. It’s 79,000 words that took 3 years to write.

Finishing the book is an amazing emotional release. Tears tickled the corners of my eyes as I went out on my evening run. That entire chapter of my life is over. Done. Finished. I have found release and peace through the process of writing the book. I have cried countless tears as I relived the most painful memories while they were recorded in words. I screamed at my ex all over again as I looked at what he did through a writer’s eyes. I laughed at the humor and shook my head in disbelief at the absurdity of the whole story.

And now it is just a story to me. It is a story to share so that others can realize they are not alone on their journeys and can (hopefully) find inspiration through my pilgrimage to happiness. The end of the book is the end of an era.

So now I wait for the word I want to see.

Published.

You may also like...

1. clownonfire says:

Well… Let me be the first one to congratulate you! That is fantastic news.
    Le Clown

2. rascalfoxx says:

Kudos to Ms. Writer/Runner ! πŸ˜€

3. WOW! I am so incredibly proud of you! Thrilled that you decided to make lemondade … β™₯

4. Bravo! Congrats. I am sure you must feel like you’ve given birth. Can’t wait for the next journey.

5. maria5125 says:

Congratulations!!!

6. Congratulations! What is the name of the book?

7. sherrylcook says:

Congratulations! I know you must be having a boat load of emotions right now… I’m finishing my memoirs after writing for three years also. Can’t imagine the feeling. Hugs to you!

8. Awesome. Super huge congratulations to you!

9. Anonymous says:

What a journey. Be proud πŸ™‚

10. Steve says:

Such fabulous news! Congratulations. Will it be an ebook on Amazon or a paper-n-stuff book?

11. Well done! Must be incredible relief, send out the link when we can go buy! xx

12. I am very, very proud of you! What a wonderful accomplishment! πŸ™‚

13. Writing Jobs says:

That was an excellent post today. Thanks so much for sharing. I really enjoyed reading it very much. Have a wonderful day!

Enjoy writing? Join Us Today –

Writers Wanted

14. foroneplease says:

Absolutely fantastic!! Congrats πŸ˜€ I’m sure it wasn’t an easy journey, it is so inspiring to see what you’ve accomplished! waiting to buy your book. Keep running πŸ˜‰

15. sherrylcook says:

16. Congrats to you…what an awesome accomplishment…look forward to the World Book Tour ’12.

Be encouraged!