7 Years Ago Today

1. Honestly says:

He put me under so much pressure, I don’t remember when it was final, just relief. Trying to rise up in this community was another story though –
    So encouraging. Thank you.

2. It’s been twenty years for me. I love the quote!

3. Patrick says:

I learned from my attorney that in a divorce, one finds happiness and the other karma. Glad you are the happy one!!!

4. Anonymous says:

Thank you for sharing — it makes us divorcees step back and relish the freedom and release. Congratulations on your journey!

5. struth71 says:

Thanks for posting – tears of sadness for past heart-hurt and happiness for the present and the future.

6. gypsygurl64 says:

It was nice to be able to finally sleep. I think the whole 20 years I was married to him I never slept. I kept waking up at night wondering why he wasn’t in the bed yet. Later I found out what he was doing at 2:00AM. I am SO glad I’m free of him.

7. steeliedave says:

Powerful post. I’m sitting here on my lunch break thinking about those very things you mentioned. Meeting at the courthouse, finalizing all the docs, and for me even the smell of my former life changed–that home is alien to me. Everything changed. Encouraging. Thank you.

8. mymitten says:

Thank you for sharing!

9. Thank you for sharing. I’m fresh in separation phase and divorce is only a matter of time… I find comfort in knowing that there is hope for happiness again. My husband too threw me a “i want out” card out of nowhere. I just hope this will all be over soon.

10. Jenel says:

Wow! Thank you for this. My divorce is gonna be final very soon. And I’m struggling very much. Lots of new changes. New women in my ex life my children, we have too leave or home etc. There’s nothing easy about anything. So thank you for your wisdom.