The Divorce Detox Diet has nothing to do with your waistline or the number of celery stalks you consume in a day. This diet is not about cleansing your body; it’s about cleansing your mind and your heart.
There are no sign-up fees, no special formulations to purchase. All you need is some motivation to feel better and some direction to get there.
The Divorce Detox Diet Guidelines
To be avoided:
- people that bring you down
- “shoulds,” both from yourself and others
- always/never thinking
- cyberstalking your ex
- painful reminders and mementos
To be consumed in small amounts:
- social media
- movie or Netflix binges
- pity parties and days spent in bed
- comfort foods
- blame and guilt
To be consumed in moderate amounts:
- reflection and analysis
- reading about and/or listening to stories of divorce
- hobbies or work projects
- reinvention of home space or physical self
To be enjoyed with abandon:
- time with friends
- sunrises and sunsets and time in nature
- yoga and other exercise
- your favorite self-care rituals
- kisses from dogs (or cats or babies)
After a few weeks on the Divorce Detox Diet, you can expect to feel lighter and freer as you shed a little more of the weight you’re carrying from your past.
Good luck to you on your cleansing!