What If…

1. jenimcmillan says:

What a wonderful thought, Lisa. It took me a couple of years to think this was true. Reclaiming our greatness as a One. Whew, it’s an incredible journey.

• It sure is an incredible journey. It took me years as well. I wrote this because I’m closing in on my anniversary from the first marriage and I realized I didn’t care. It made me wish I could go to the devastated Lisa of 7 years ago and whisper those words to her- “What if this is the best thing to ever happen to you?” I wouldn’t have felt it yet (too much pain still to navigate), but it would have been a seed.

Have a great day:))

2. Krista Tobin says:

Thanks Lisa… You have given me words to live by! It’s been one year & 7 months since my world imploded… I’ve struggled for sure in letting go of the past but lately realizing that everything truly does happen for a reason. I’m moving forward, and saying good bye to what was!

3. Love that thought…

4. Josie says:

Thank you so much for this beautiful “seed,” Lisa! It has been almost 5 months since my world imploded. In some ways it’s still early days for me, and I still struggle, but it’s already so much better than in the beginning. I will hold tight to the thought that this might be the best thing that has ever happened to me, and keep moving forward. Thank you!

• And thank you for reading and sharing. I remember 5 months. It was like a mostly-cloudy day with the sharp winds occasionally pushing the clouds aside to reveal the sun. The sun that shines a little more with every passing month.

5. Tiff says:

Thank you for this… I am still in the beginning stages of an implosion and this is a seed of hope for me…

• Josie says:

Hang in there, Tiff! I was an absolute wreck in the beginning, and I’m still not sure how I made it through the initial shock and horror. But I did. It’s still hard sometimes, but it has definitely gotten easier. Take special care of yourself, reach out for help any way you can, exercise daily if possible, and take it one day at a time. Strength and love!

• Seeds are so important. I know that right now the idea that this could end up being a great thing feels impossible. Stay open to the thought as you clean up the mess and attend to the wounds. Hugs:)

6. emmagc75 says:

Such a powerful and life changing belief! It erases the fear n trepidation and replaces it with excitement and anticipation. Thanks for reminding me! Hugs to u xo.

7. momfawn says:

My divorce was final this past Monday, after 34 years of marriage (separated for the past 5). I know with every bit of my being that it was the best thing I could possibly have done, even though my ex (formerly known as my husband-who-lives-across-town) doesn’t think so. Thank you for the many insights you shared through your blog during my journey. It wasn’t always easy, and there were many nights that I read your blog post and found it to be exactly what I needed to hear. Blessings on you this Christmas season. – Fawn

8. Lost&confused says:

My husband has just left me for someone who was a friend of mine and a school mum and after a lot of coaxing finally admitted that they have been together for awhile. She has only been married herself for 6 months. Everyday is a battle but your posts are really helping me see that after years of his abuse he has done me a favour. Just wish I could fast forward to a year from now!