A Day-By-Day Survival Guide to Get You Through the First Month of an Unwanted Divorce, Part 1

1. Heartburn says:

This is a great guide for those at the beginning of the journey out of hell. I wish I had this 3 months ago; although, I did do some of these things intuitively or by chance.

Thank you so much for continuing to blog about your past, and guiding us to a healthier and happier path. I’m not there yet, and I still feel like I’m near the starting line, but I can feel things evolving ever so slowly with your words (I’ve probably read all of your posts in the past 3 months to help me survive) and the help of my family and friends.

You are a light in my dark, dark world.

2. This is amazing and you should be very proud of yourself for creating such a useful and up-lifiting-grab-it-by-the-balls guide. Great job!

3. Amelia Meyer says:

Reblogged this on Suddenly a Mom and commented:
    This is the most real, practical advice I’ve seen.

4. A Solo Dad says:

This was great. “Journal…..paper absorbs the tears” lol. Loved the pic about needing help at the beginning and end of life and divorce being both. That’s a very poignant

5. Rebecca says:

I loved the practibleness of this advice. Thank you for sharing this powerful advice.

6. Lyn says:

A mistake I made was confiding in my grown children and leaning on them too much in the early days. I was somewhat isolated at that point, and they were the closest people in the world to me. However, they were going through their own pain, and it was hard for them to support me as well. If I had it to do over again I’d have tried to find someone else I could call when the waves of grief hit me. I just felt too overwhelmed to contain all those emotions and they needed somewhere to go.