Putting It All Behind Me

1. BDY says:

I have to say that I can only too well relate to those feelings. I sit in the middle of an active proceeding, forced into chapter 11 bankruptcy because despite print on paper not lying time have my strang I have to say that I can only too well relate to those feelings. I sit in the middle of an active proceeding, forced into chapter 11 bankruptcy because despite print on paper not lying, my soon to be ex sits in the hold fast to “he is just paying bills.” He certainly was paying bills that of his mothers, the very woman in the detested homosexuals or I should say “g-d in her view detested”, but obviously not enough to live off of one. While my spell spent his earnings to pay her bills she siphon the way those monies she would’ve paid out into retirement trust and living trusts that my spouse is trustee too. And the only thing that remains left if any chance of me seeing anything to be whole lease within the very house we purchased together and that although admitting under oath find stand that he lied and deceived the court to oust me from our home, the judge his uncles friends Issues the decision to grant him exclusive occupancy. I give you credit for telling forward and making good on debts that aren’t yours and maybe I still have a long way to go in my journey to come to a place of acceptance, but I’ve decided had best my credits going to be groomed I’d rather rude at all all the way didn’t pay a dime towards debts he incurred in that belong to him. I think you for continuing to share as on some days your blog is the only inspiration in my day that helps me get thru to the next in a system that is unfair and broken

2. isra7726 says:

This is so unfair. Abandonment is one thing, but cheating? cant say which is worse! glad you are moving on & that too in the right direction. Wish you luck & many more newer cars 🙂

3. kayjcee2014 says:

Congratulations on getting to put yet another piece of the past behind you!. Ride with the windows down and the wind in your face!

4. Brittany says:

Wow! Congrats on over coming!! I’m in the throes of my divorce and I feel completely robbed of my savings as well! Then I just watched my saving be depleted when he went on vacation a couple weeks ago with “our” money. Divorce is ugly in every way… Financially it is hard! Hard doesn’t even begin to explain! I’m waiting for my first breathe of fresh air like you recently have had! CONGRATS!! (I love reading your posts! – gives hope for others going through similar situations!)

5. Jean says:

Moving past the financial rape is difficult for me. My ex husband not only made out like a bandit with every penny he saved during our 27 year marriage, half of all houses, his pension and all the personal stuff he wanted; but also took me during the 27 years of marriage for all the bills and toys he wanted. Yes, I was the breadwinner, and he was the thief who pretended to be loyal and in love. I hope that as I rebuild a new life in another state, I will finally be set free from the feelings of being used financially, emotionally and physically. These are hard life lessons following what has become known as the “grey divorce.”

• Very hard life lessons. It was crazy – I was more nervous and unsure buying a car today at the age of 38 than I was when I bought my last car at 21. The damn impact of the betrayal. The good part is that we will never take financial freedom for granted. Best of luck building your new life! May it be a blessed one:)

6. Ok, I’m going to blame it on pregnancy hormones, but I cried when I saw you got approved and with a low interest rate. Only after you have struggled financially to get your head above water can you understand the relief and happiness of being approved. I have read your posts for years and understand the trials & tribulations of owning an older car. I am so happy for you! Enjoy your victory ride, my dear!!

7. nadine says:

I can relate so much to this article and you give me the hope that the end is in sight. The financial betrayal is the hardest part, including the legal fees acquired from my divorce. Fighting for my children, my home, my life, fighting for things i should have never had to fight for to begin with. He wanted out, he wanted someone else. yet wanted everything else too except the debt. I am not sorry for going the route i did, standing up, saying no and in the end my life is so much better off because i stood up for myself. It still hurts every time i make those debt payments, when not paying a payment means another strike on my credit yet, my kids don’t deserve to continue to go without. I paid off 2 collection debts this week, 2 down many to go but you give me hope someday i will be where you are! Thank you!!!

8. This is such wonderful news. As they say ‘it isn’t over until it’s over’. You can now breathe a sigh of relief that it finally is.

9. Marie Powers says:

So happy for you and hoping some day I will be able to cast off the shadow. It has been 8 years and there is still unfinished business. I have to wonder if the ex doesn’t want to “finish the book” in an effort remain in control.

10. Once the house sells (short sale) I too will breathe a sigh of good riddance. Good for you! 🙂