10 Ways Your Divorce Makes You Even Better Than Before

1. zombiedrew2 says:

I’ll have to agree. I’m not divorced, but my marriage has hit some very difficult patches and I’m really not sure if we will make it. I hope so, but I can’t say.

That said, the “difficult patch” has been a period of great personal growth for me. I’ve learned a lot about life, love, and what I need out of both. I’ve learned a lot about me.

My hope remains that this will be something that will allow my marriage to be stronger and healthier than before. If not, at least moving forward I have a clearer understanding of what I need in life.

2. I totally agree… I have become so much more as a person since my divorce, and have learned alot about myself…. Was my divorce fun? No… Am I still dealing with some of the aftermath year later? Yes… But it’s shaped my resiliences, my knowledge of self worth, what I need to improve upon, and what I need to look for that is compatible with me…
    I choose to view my divorce as a positive..

3. sassafrass20 says:

Reblogged this on sassafrass20's Blog and commented:
    My separation and eventual divorce is a blessing in disguise. I have seen how much I have changed in good ways since last April 3, and I couldn’t be more proud on myself. Love your blog!! You always have great advice 😀

4. AC Mims says:

These are spot on. I have grown SO MUCH since becoming divorced. I’m more mature, compassionate, and responsible. I’ve also learned how to be direct about my needs and boundaries. Even though divorce brought me to my proverbial needs, I’m so thankful for the lessons.

5. I love how you broke it all down into such description and emotional terms. I’m sharing with my women on FB.

6. Reblogged this on SplittingAssets's Blog and commented:
    I just had to share this with my followers. She has hit it on the head with these points. Just remember you will get through this and you will be a different, better, stronger person on the other side!

7. Tessa says:

Reblogged this on Tessa Can Do IT! and commented:
    I have found mine (15 years ago) to be a blessing in disguise. I needed to become my own person and not let everyone run my life. Scary, but happier.

8. Ansley says:

For many divorce is not the end, it is the beginning of a new and better life. Those who have been abused or in an unhappy marriage can finally take charge of their lives and do what they want to do. Some even find a wonderful new partner in the future. Divorce is definitely part of their life stories.

1. April 10, 2015