At Some Point, It’s No Longer About the Nail

1. Great analogy! And I totally agree with it! Well written.

2. LOVE this, Lisa. You rock.

3. Anonymous says:

You are so wise! Nearly every time I read your words I know I should be living them! Thanks for your commitment to writing.

4. Well said! Love it!

5. Reblogged this on Out of the Chrysalis and commented:
    Very wise words.

6. Lisa e says:

Wow. My divorce will take place in a few weeks-months, depending on his response to some attempts for negotiation. I didn’t choose this, I don’t want it, my story is very similar to yours….and I absolutely love this post. His crisis is his & at this point, I am having to learn the hard task of release…bc the more I concern myself over him…the more I feel stuck. Release is so hard…but oh so necessary. Walking thru the pain to heal is 100% what you need to do to heal well, but I’ll be darn if it isn’t the hardest thing I’ve ever done.

7. Barbara says:

Wow! I’ve been stuck in this evaluating him mode for many years, following many affairs now…and I’m just realizing this and trying to look at myself. Thank you….sometimes it really feels like you are all alone in this, especially when none understands.

8. Heather says:

Thank you so much for sharing your blogs. I’ve been going through this for 6 months and it is the worst feeling ever. I asked him to leave with hopes of change. Didn’t go as thought and now he’s already in another relationship. I feel like I’m obsessing over him at times, loosing myself. Reading your blogs/ people’s comments makes me realize all these feelings ups and down are normal. It feels like it will never end. I just want to feel at peace again.

9. nsymns says:

It IS no longer about the NAIL! I did waste lots of time on all of that garbage that got me nowhere. I guess I kept trying to validate myself for what an ass he was & no doubt is to this day. But he’s not my Nail any longer. Long since removed, & large wounds are still healing, & that’s what’s most important.
    Thank you again, Lisa, for always making perfectly perfect sense of it all!

1. November 30, 2014

[…] need for revenge is a brutal trap. While your attention is filled with negative thoughts about your ex, you neglect to care for yourself. When you are filled with rage, you end up being singed. And when you base your well-being on […]

2. April 24, 2019