Four Years Ago Today

1. jmatk says:

You are an inspiration. I think it’s made me stronger inside but I just need to move on fully now.

• I read a cool quote on Twitter yesterday that I shared on my FB page:

Getting over a painful experience is like crossing the monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward. – C.S. Lewis

So true. And just like learning the monkey bars, letting go is scary. Until you get stronger:)

2. kerifernald says:

I’m a loyal fan and follower. This post brought tears to my eyes. I’m at the beginning of my own painful journey of divorce but your writing brings me hope.

3. I can relate. 😉

4. nights7 says:

My divorce was finalized almost two months ago. It was a long, terrible process and I’m not happy with the results but when I left the courthouse that day I felt light. A weight had lifted from my shoulders I’m pretty sure there were birds singing (even though it was ten degrees out) and the world was a better place than it had been three hours earlier. I hadn’t expected to feel like that.
    Great writing and great post.

5. Reblogged this on Solving Maria and commented:
    Reading this gives me hope. I only pray it doesn’t take four years.

6. I so agree with this sentiment. Although it has been 16 years for me, I would never be the woman or the writer that I am today without the horror of living with a man who didn’t love me for the twelve years we were married.

7. Anonymous says:

Wow!

8. Ironic. My court date was today. It eerily resembles yours. As much as I hated today, it was time. Hearing your story makes me feel….ok about mine. Thank you!

9. I love this so much.

10. Lori says:

It’s funny, in a strange way, how looking back can bring so much clarity. Thank heavens for strength, friends and family, and for courage to take on the next life. Love this.

11. AddieMarie says:

This post gives me such hope that I will one of these days have THAT day and be able to move on with my life. Your blog is such a comfort and inspiration. :]

12. You give me hope, where many days right now I feel helpless though not hopeless.

Three days ago my husband sent me an e-mail that read:
    “Don’t read anything into this, but I miss you.”

It has been 93 days since he walked out with a backward look, without a note saying good-bye, without an explanation and with very little communication. For the first time since then, rather than be hurt by his actions, that truly made me angry.

13. mlifeiwords says:

Lisa, reading this post came at such an appropriate time for me. I have my first divorce court meeting on Monday, and to be honest I’m scared. I know that the man I was madly in love with is no longer there. In reading about your ex-husband I feel that mine is not that much different. Thank you for posting this. Lately, I’ve been posting about my anxiety with my “life change” which is my pending divorce, so this is a nice support for me. 🙂

• It’s totally normal for you to be scared. Just keep breathing and you’ll make it through Monday. Hope you get a chance to have some fun and take your mind off of it this weekend!

14. weareeighty says:

The pain seems like it will never go away…

15. Cathy says:

Thank you for writing this. It was just what I needed today.

• So glad it came at the right time. Your comment reminds me I need to update it this week to “Five Years Ago Today.” I promise the pain can fade and the tears can transform.

1. July 28, 2014

[…] Months: The divorce was finalized. I didn’t recognize him in the courtroom hallway. Tears streamed silently down my cheeks as I stared at him in the courtroom. I was hopeful that the decree would be followed (after the criminal case turned out to be a joke) […]