Divorce Tool Box

1. Teela Hart says:

I like the toolbox idea. I believe I will get one for myself. 🙂

2. LaDulceFrap says:

Grief is hard work! -Clinical psychology graduate.

3. LaDulceFrap says:

& what most people do not realize that divorce, (for both men and women), can manifest in many different ways; so take on 1: emotional shock; 2: Financial shock 3; :. Adjustment disorder; 4: multiple variables… anyone one us can easily pay a visit to the padded room. Most of us don’t realize it, but when one overcomes such issues, (through positive coping); your coping skills exceed improve into much higher heights than one could ever ask for :o)

4. When my world fell apart, I don’t believe I would have had the energy to do the test but it might have been interesting.

5. I knew of the stress-scale and did the test on myself at about 14 weeks post ‘tsunami’. I then deliberately postponed some big issues (such as moving home) and cut down on smaller ones (social events) in order to lessen my overall stress levels the first year. It did work. I now still have some of those postponed issues still ahead of me but I am in a better place to deal with them now.

6. AddieMarie says:

Mine says “50% chance of major health breakdown in the next 2 years”…well that’s optimistic. :/. And somehow seems to downplay what I’m going through. But regardless, I’ve proven scales like this wrong before and I’ll do it again! No major breakdown is in store for me!

7. Nomibug says:

Perfecto 🙂 You’ve hit it spot on.

8. Maybe I should first do the test, lots on my plate right now. Then maybe I could build the appropriate toolbox. That might make a great deal of sense.

9. Jules says:

I need a padded room. My stress tends to be through the roof. I scored a 438. They need to add “extra martial affairs” to that stressor list. I’d be over 600…

1. March 18, 2014

[…] to the wonderful advice and information found at Lessons From the End of a Marriage, I have started to build up some stamina, a toolbox suggestion came from this particular posting […]