I am happy to report that I have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award! Before I satisfy the specifications of the award, I decided to first prove my versatility by suggesting some unusual uses of the blog.
1) Use all of the “My Story” entries to create a soap opera. Have fun debating who would play each role.
2) Play “Where’s Waldo?” with my ex, using the provided clues to attempt to ascertain his whereabouts. I’m not going to tell you what to do with him if you happen to locate him.
3) Use the “Taming the Monkey Mind” posts to attempt to train an actual monkey. Note: not recommended, but please send pictures if you do.
4) Horrify teenagers by asking them to try any of the dishes described in “On the Menu.” I do it with my students. Trust me, it’s fun:)
5) And finally, you can design a drinking game based on the number of metaphors (of the mixed variety, of course) I manage to pack into a single paragraph. Pace yourself.
And, now on to the award…
(and I may be versatile, but that does not expand to figuring out how to get that button over here on a Mac!)
I want to thank Brown Eyes and Lenses for nominating me. I love her humor and willingness to go where others (including myself!) won’t.
I’m still pretty new to this whole blogging thing and I am discovering more and more amazing writers every day. These are the main ones I find occupy my feed and expand my mind:
And now on to 7 random facts about me you never wanted to know…
I) My students judge my sneezes on an Olympic scale. Yes, they’re that epic.
II) I used to be afraid of giraffes. I’m feeling much better now.
III) I stash “emergency” chapstick all over the place!
IV) I need a twelve step program for pumpkin.
V) I almost failed algebra II. And now I’m an algebra teacher. Go figure. (bad pun, I know…go ahead and groan)
VI) My New Year’s resolution was to get my hair cut more than twice a year. So far I’m doing well.
VII) I can sing “18 Wheels on a Big Rig” in Roman numerals.
Rules of the Versatile Blogger Award are as follows:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
2 thoughts on “Unusual Uses for This Blog”
Love Free Penny Press. Such a genuine and nice blogger.
This was so nice of you! I just now saw it; not sure how I missed it before!
Your story is amazing. How courageous you are to share it with others! Thanks for your honesty and candidness. Be well and keep writing!